
Last night, Kevin and I watched Doom. Fortunately for me, though, I was working on the blanket at the same time, so I had something else to do to keep me entertained, because the movie really sucked.
Here's where it fits in on the list of movies-that-feature-humans-that-have-mutated-into-flesh-eating-monsters catagory (with 1 being the best and 5 being the worst):
1. Resident Evil
2. Resident Evil: Apocalypse
3. 28 Days Later
4. Ultra Violet (Kevin saw a strong connection there, I don't know, though)
5. Doom
The best part of the DVD was actually the special features, where we got to learn about how they hired a real military man to put the actors through boot camp with real guns (the training made it so that the Rock wouldn't have to try too hard to act - we all know he really can't) and how they made all the monster costumes (which was awesome! I'm so glad they built real monsters instead of using CGI - which is ironic, really, since the movie was based on a video game). There was also a feature about the Doom video game that touched on its development and cult following. That was actually the best part.
I will say this about Rosamund Pike: She rocked! So, sadly, she was sorely out of place in this film.
No comments:
Post a Comment