
For Father's Day, Kevin and I went to visit his family. It was a good time. His family from his mom's side joined us, including Grandpa, Aunt Ann, Uncle Jim and Uncle Peter. We played cornhole, and all the guys played basketball. Grandpa (who is 83!) ran circles around my father-in-law and Uncle Jim, and he kept up very nicely with Kevin and his brothers! I was certainly impressed. (In the above picture, Grandpa is wearing the straw hat and the plaid shirt.)
All the playing of basketball gave me the perfect opportunity to use the sports setting on our camera for the first time. If I held the button down, the camera would take 10 shots in sequence. I caught some really good pictures that way!
Last night when we came home from our trip, we thought that the kittens had left us. It turns out that they had just wandered from the bushes next to our house into bushes in the side garden. I pulled them out and we played with them for a bit.
I've placed the kittens on a waiting list with the Jack's Aquarium & Pets in Canal Winchester. Once they are 8 weeks old and at least 2 pounds, if they have room, the store will take them in and offer them for sale. I bought both my cats from the Jack's at the Graceland Shopping Center, so I feel comfortable with that.
My reading pace has finally slowed down a little bit, and I blame it all on the first book of the Illmoor Chronicles by David Lee Stone, The Ratastrophe Catastrophe.
I saw it in the library and thought it looked good, so I proceeded to check it out and begin reading it. It wasn't very good, and it was written for children in a way that adults just can't cope with. I read about half of it, and decided that it was a waste of time and energy, because I wasn't enjoying it. In fact, I ended up staring at the wall a whole lot when I was trying to read it. In short, I returned the book to the library.
Right now I'm about halfway through The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. (By the way, if you are going to go by three names, it's really cool if they are all a single syllable. That extra "D" at the end of Kidd really punctuates the end of the name, too!) Anyways, I've cried twice. The book should carry a warning label. But, other than that, I'm really enjoying the story of young Lily's life, and I really hope that things work out well for her in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment