Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Connor + Duplo = Hotel

Connor's favorite things to build with Duplo Lego bricks lately are hotels.  We stay in so many hotels, that I guess he has taken to designing his own.   He isn't without great inspiration, either, having stayed in some pretty swanky places, like the Waldorf Astoria in NYC and the Willard in D.C.

I think his designs are pretty good, actually.  Maybe he will be an architect when he grows up.

Here is one recent hotel that he designed and built:

IMG_8902


And here it is from the other angle:

IMG_8901

This hotel is so popular that there is a line of people waiting outside to check in.  (And I am using the term "people" loosely, as I see at least one alien in that queue.)

Another hotel he built recently was an oceanfront property like the Hilton we stayed at earlier this year in Daytona Beach.  That one didn't get photographed before it was taken apart to become something else (which is the nature of Duplo Legos), but it was so well done that I knew exactly what real-life building he intended it to be before he told me what it was.

No comments: