Monday, October 7, 2013

Bedtime Stories with Lex

Just recently, Lex decided that he could read all by himself.

And honestly, it was this decision that he made that gave him the confidence to do it on his own.  He didn't learn any new tricks or techniques or anything.  A few weeks ago, he would always say, "You read it Mommy, I don't know the words."  And I would tell him that he could read before I would read it to him.  I guess after hearing that enough, he went and decided that he could do it.  Even though he doesn't know all the words.  Because what kid in grade school (or who is three years old) already knows all the words?  So, he made up his mind that he could do it, and now he can.

He is spending tons of time pouring over books.  Usually when he is being too quiet, I start to worry about what kind of mischief he is getting up to, but lately, I keep finding him sitting quietly with a book.

It's nice.  But I'm not used to it yet.

One of his favorite books is Leonardo, The Terrible Monster by Mo Willems.  We don't actually own a copy of it, but we had it checked out from the library in Ohio all the time, so it was as if we did.  We checked it out the very first time we went to the library in Texas.  I think he's glad to have it around again.

For your viewing pleasure, here is a video of Lex (and Connor!) reading his favorite book before bedtime.


You're welcome.

No comments: