Friday, May 22, 2015

We didn't have a last day of school

Well, I mean the last day we did school was our last day of school, but it wasn't an official last day or anything.

I had planned on making Thursday, May 21st our last day of school, since we were going on our summer vacation the next day.  But we spent that week out of town for my grandfather's funeral.  And we didn't do school the previous Friday because we hadn't done it yet when Kevin came home and whisked us all off to Houston unexpectedly.  Which means that our last day of school was actually the Thursday before, and we didn't do anything special that day.

But it really isn't a big deal.  I had already asked the kids to pick a subject to do over the summer for a special little homeschool summer thing, and they decided that they wanted to do a foreign language summer camp at home.

The languages that they picked?  Latin and Greek.  I swear they picked them all by themselves.  (We'll also continue to do Spanish this summer.)

Since I don't speak either Latin or Greek, I ordered some stuff to get us started:

Untitled

We'll be doing Song School Latin level 1 this summer, along with the Greek Alphabet Code Cracker.  As soon as we finish with the Code Cracker book and know all the Greek letters, we'll start Song School Greek Level 1.

Depending on how well the kids like the Song School stuff, I might switch our Spanish curriculum as well, although I'll have to research to see which level they would need.

Happy Summer!

No comments: