Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer Reading

Connor is finally interested in Harry Potter!

Untitled

Thanks in large part to some friends who wanted to watch all the movies this summer, Connor has decided that it is time to read the books.  He started with this one, which is fine by me.  And he read the last page first.  Just like his Grandpa.  I'm trying not to let him know that that does bother me.

He also really likes The Tales of Beedle the Bard.  He reads those little fairy tales from the wizarding world over and over.

I've been reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels, myself.

Untitled

These are the first 9 books in the series.  I have also read the rest of the books in the series:

Dead in the Family;
Dead Reckoning;
Deadlocked; and,
Dead Ever After.

I also read After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse.  I'm considering reading all the short stories that Charlaine Harris wrote about Sookie Stackhouse.  I'm also considering watching all the episodes of True Blood.  Eh, who am I kidding?  I probably will do both of those things, and soon.

And because my reading list needs to be HBO-approved, I am also reading the second book in the Game of Thrones series, A Clash of Kings.  I've been reading it forever.  For some reason these books are really hard for me to read.

The good news is that at my reading pace, I'll probably won't be ready for the sixth book in the series until well after George R. R. Martin finishes writing it, so I won't have to wait around to read it!

No comments: