Monday, June 8, 2015

Universal Studios Hollywood

Our hotel room had a great view of Universal Studios.  I watched as people got to work over there, bright and early, while I ate my breakfast.  I'm sure I've told you before how much I love room service!

IMG_9532

You can see where they are building the new Harry Potter attraction.  It's going to be those snow- and scaffolding-covered peaks.  It's supposed to be open sometime in December.  I really want to go see one of the Harry Potter worlds.  I know that the ones in Florida are done now.  Fortunately, the kids are just now getting into Harry Potter, so they will be ready when we get to see one.

IMG_9545

Official Universal Studios Family Photo

IMG_9548

The first ride that the kids picked to go on for the day was the Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride.  Oh goodness, I laughed so hard!  It was seriously fun.

IMG_9552

Gru was there.

IMG_9559

And some Minions.  We love the Minions.

Sidebar:  I would love it if Lex decided to have a Minion-themed birthday party this year.  I think that would be so much fun to do.  But he'll probably pick something less cute and more tough, like Transformers.  He's gonna be six, after all.  But, there is going to be a new Minion movie this summer...so maybe he'll think it's a good idea, after all.

IMG_9564

Then we decided to head down to the lower lot for the rest of the really popular rides, because it was so early in the morning and the wait times were still short.

We were surprised to meet Bumblebee when we got down there!

IMG_9573

Then, Lex insisted that we see all the Transformers before heading back up to the upper lot.

IMG_9583

Optimus Prime

IMG_9611

Megatron.  He was a little bit scary.  Well, at least I thought so.

The Transfomers Ride was so fun.  It might have been my favorite.  Well, except for the Minions.  Those are my favorite.

IMG_9582

No, wait, the Jurassic Park ride was my favorite!  I got really wet, even though no one else did.

Okay, okay, so all the rides at Universal are really great.  Well done, Universal guys!

Sidebar:  The kids were well prepared for the Jurassic Park ride, because we bought the trilogy of Jurassic Park movies to watch before the new Jurassic World movie is released this summer.

After conquering the lower lot, we back to the upper lot, and Connor insisted that he get a Krusty Burger for lunch.  (Or was it second lunch?  Maybe a snack?)  Lex's face is pretty much how I felt about eating anything named Krusty.

IMG_9619

So, only Connor got a cheeseburger (we had been eating all day, and I don't know how he still had room for more), and he took it with him on the Studio Tour.

IMG_9622

Hey look!  It's the Warner Bros. water tower!  I wonder if the Animaniacs are in there?

IMG_9631

The Studio Tour was fun!

IMG_9660

The King Kong 360 degree 3D experience was amazing!

Sidebar:  I haven't seen the Peter Jackson King Kong movie yet, but apparently there is a T-Rex?

IMG_9651

Also great was the bit when we went into the subway and there was an earthquake.  And the bit with the flash flood in the old west.  And the part with Jaws!

IMG_9690

Whoville!

After the tour, we saw a few more shows:  Shrek in 4D and the Special Effects Stage Show.  By this time we had pretty much done everything we wanted to do at Universal, except ride the Minion ride one more time.

IMG_9704

Then, Lex won his very own Minion at a carnival game.  His name is Jerry Minion.  It was Tom Minion for a few hours, but then Lex said he had been confused and it was really Jerry.

IMG_9705

Family Photo on a motorcycle used in the movie Inglorious Bastards.

Sidebar:  The scene with the milk!  That movie!  Brad Pitt!  Christoph Waltz!

IMG_9708

Another movie motorcycle we had to try out.

IMG_9712

Lex said that he wants to be a stunt man when he grows up.  I honestly think that might work out for him.  I mean, have you met Lex?  That's just about perfect.

IMG_9731

The kids bought Minion slippers as their souvenirs from Universal Studios.  At first, Kevin didn't believe that they really wanted slippers, but I knew that they did.  We had been looking for slippers in stores at home for a while now, and because it's a small town, and it's summer, there were none to be had.  Plus, Minion feet are just awesome.

The end.

No comments: