Wednesday, July 1, 2015

After the After Party

After Connor's wonderful Birthday Pool Party, one of his friends spent the night.  Which was awesome.  The kids watched the movie Holes and it was pretty good.  But it ended kinda late, and they still wanted to play.  I told them to get ready for bed, and when I walked into Connor's room to check on them, Lex promptly kicked me back out.

Then, around 11:45 PM, I went to inform them that it was almost midnight, and that they should probably get some sleep.  That's when they told me that they had a plan.

The *official* sleepover plan was to stay awake until 1 AM, and then sleep for exactly six hours, and then wake up and continue on with the fun and games.

And that's exactly what they did.  They must have set an alarm, or something, and I couldn't believe it when they woke up at 7 AM the next morning.

But, by 5:30 PM that afternoon, after their friend had finally gone home, they were both done.

IMG_0406

They slept on the couch until about 10:00 PM, when I finally moved them to their beds, where they stayed until the regular time the next morning.

IMG_0413

Well, who is gonna play with me now?

No comments: