Thursday, December 17, 2015

In which we go to the Natural Sciences Museum


IMG_3601

And then I took the kids to see the Natural Sciences Museum.  It's right next door to the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, and I got into it for free with my COSI membership as well.  So we basically spent a day museum-hopping.

IMG_3600

This is more or less a dinosaur-related photo dump:

IMG_3602

IMG_3603

IMG_3604

IMG_3605

This one is a mosasaurus, better known around here as "that one that ate the Indominus Rex at the end of the new Jurassic Park movie."

IMG_3615

This thing where Lex puts his head in the mouth of vicious animals has definitely become a thing.

IMG_3611

IMG_3617

IMG_3620

The kids spent about an hour here, excavating dino bones.  We stayed so long that Lex took his shoes off and really made himself at home.

IMG_3627

IMG_3634

And, after the dinosaurs, we saw other things that little boys love.  Like mummies:

IMG_3636

And cannons:

IMG_3641

IMG_3644

"I am an archer, riding my turtle into battle.  Very slowly."

IMG_3646

"I'm riding my slow turtle to battle, too, but I have a sword."

IMG_3652

"No, wait Mommy.  I have an idea for an epic pose."

IMG_3656

And finally, this is a Hercules Beetle.  For reference, that's Connor's hand.  For reference, Connor's hands are almost as big as mine now.  Say it all together now.  Eeek!  Eeew.  Gross.

No comments: