Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Freezing Fog

Last week, the National Weather Service issued a Freezing Fog warning where we live.  I had never heard of freezing fog before, so I didn't know what to expect.  I looked it up, and found out that it is basically dense fog, made of frozen water particles in the air.  Aptly named, freezing fog is.

Anywho, Connor and I ventured out into the freezing fog the next morning to take Tik for a walk.  The fog definitely reduced our visibility to just the immediate area, as normally we can see forever around here because everything is so flat and there are no trees.

Also, the fog had covered everything with a beautiful frosting.  Photos, of course, to follow:

IMG_4750

Our weather machine.  Covered in the weather.

IMG_4754

IMG_4757

IMG_4764

IMG_4767

The white frost reminds me of that scene with the winter fairies from Fantasia.

Every year I try to convince Kevin and the kids to get a white tree for Christmas, and they never agree.  But see how pretty it could be?  Nevermind the mess the flocking can make.

IMG_4770

IMG_4772

No comments: