Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum

On Friday afternoon, I took the kids to the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum for the first time.  We went with some friends, and it was a really good time.

The museum was much bigger than I anticipated, and it had some pretty neat exhibits.  There was an entire dinosaur fossil hall, which I was not expecting to find in Canyon, Texas.  I also particularly liked this huge recreation of the lighthouse rock formation in the Palo Duro Canyon.  I only got a picture of a corner of it.  The entire thing was probably 5 to 6 times larger.

Untitled

The boys are holding on tightly to their scavenger hunt stamp cards.  We completed the museum hunt, and we got free PPHM water bottles as a prize.

Untitled

In this picture, Connor is trying hard to figure out why anyone would ever want to ride side saddle.  He said, "Half of this saddle is missing."  Oh, history.  What fun!

No comments: