Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Happy 60th Birthday, Grandpa!

My Dad celebrated his 60th Birthday!  He asked for a white cake with chocolate frosting, and here it is:

Happy 60th Birthday, Grandpa!

I pretty much took this photo the second that the cake was finished, in case something happened to it, because people were hovering like vultures and ravenously eating all the crumbs that were generated during the assembly/decorating process.

Then, we went out to dinner at Cheddars Scratch Kitchen, which is always delicious.  Afterwards, we came home and had a little party:

Happy 60th Birthday, Grandpa!

Happy 60th Birthday, Grandpa!

Happy 60th Birthday, Grandpa!

Yes, he blew out all of the candles on the first try.

After we had cake, Lex challenged Grandpa to a game of Pie Face Showdown.



Then another:



And then the competition widened:



Things started to take a turn after Lex smeared whipped cream all over Nana's face because he didn't think that the game had done a good enough job.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize what he was going to do, and I had turned the camera off.


Then I did it to Kevin, and Lex did it to me.


And then Lex started smearing whipped cream all over his own face.


It was the biggest whipped cream battle that Grandpa had ever had at any of his birthday parties.  And then I sent Lex to take a bath.


Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

No comments: