Thursday, March 2, 2017

A Slice of Amarillo Life

This afternoon, the Safelite Auto Glass guy made *another* visit to our home to repair the *second* chip in my *second* new windshield since moving to Amarillo.

And it's not just me, Kevin had to take his car to Safelite yesterday to get a crack in his windshield repaired, too.

It's like they sprinkle the roads here with gravel to get good business.  There are cracked windshields everywhere you look.

Anyways, we went outside to meet the repairman, and it was a lovely afternoon, so the kids started riding their bikes and scooters, and then they found their bows and arrows in the garage, and asked if we had anything to shoot.

They wanted to shoot the fence, but I didn't think that would be a very good idea, in case their arrows would damage the wooden fence.  So, we came up with a couple of boxes that they could use as a target.

I don't know what kind of Texans we are, that we don't own a proper target.  They are on sale everywhere.  I just never bought one.  Yes, I bought the bows and arrows, but no target.  There is a shooting range just down the street from our house, so it made sense at the time.

And so, the kids had to make do with a couple of boxes (one of which was from Target, ironically) and a water bottle.  But don't let me talk it down.  They loved it.





No comments: