Thursday, June 22, 2017

Family BOB

This summer we are making a BOB.  BOB stands for Book of Books.  Whenever anyone reads a book, they write an entry in the Book of Books about it, kind of like a book report.  It's great because we can read about what the rest of us are reading, and what we liked about it, or didn't like.  I've also been including some unusual vocabulary words that I've come across for the kids.

Summer Books and Movies

Summer Books and Movies

Oh, but the kids want it to stay private.  It's just for our family.  We almost did a BLOB, which would have been a Blog of Books, but they decided that it would be better if we kept it private and handwritten.  They helped me design a cover and title page for our BOB, and we assembled it into a three-ring binder.

Summer Books and Movies

So far, I have written entries for:

1.  The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins
2.  Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
3.  One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
4.  The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman
5.  The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

I'll admit it.  I've been reading a ton of Neil Gaiman this summer.  Right now, I'm reading Trigger Warning, a short story collection by Neil Gaiman.

I've also done some entries on the books that I have read with the kids.

Summer Books and Movies


I think I can safely reveal that Lex read and wrote and entry for Charlotte's Web.  He gave it five stars.   I still need to get him a copy of the movie to watch.  The first one I got from the library was scratched and wouldn't play.


No comments: