Saturday, September 16, 2017

Tri-State Fair & Rodeo Opening Parade

Amarillo Fair and Rodeo Parade

This morning I took the boys downtown to meet some friends to watch the parade that marks the beginning of the Tri-State Fair & Rodeo.

(No, we don't live particularly near any other states.  I've never understood it, but people from New Mexico and Oklahoma come to Amarillo like its a big city.  It's not.  Not if you have ever been anywhere else.  But some folks around here haven't.)

Back to the parade.
It was quite the spectacle.

There were so many horses and trucks and tractors and clowns and the kids had a ton of candy thrown their way.

One guy was riding his horse while standing up.  No hands.

So much sugar so early in the morning!  Especially since I had driven thru at Benjamin's Donuts on the way to the parade for my favorite Red Velvet Donuts earlier because the parade started early and I didn't have time to make breakfast.

After I realized that we were heading for a serious sugar problem, I decided that we should all go out for lunch after the parade at a Mexican restaurant.

And that's how we ended up a Jorge's for lunch.
Which is where the kids plotted to have a sleepover.

It was a bit like the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie books.
If You Give a Moose a Muffin.
If you take little boys to see a parade...

No comments: