I'm still feeling a little bit under the weather, so I've proclaimed today the "New Casual Wednesday." I'm wearing khakis, a sweater, and a really wild patterned blouse today. I bought the blouse at Plato's closet, and it is the only thing I've ever bought from the thrift store. It actually still had the tags on it, and it's from someplace like Bermuda Joe, or some other store that I've never heard of. I can just imagine some girl getting it for her birthday from her dear Aunt Marge, and pretending to like it, and then promptly exchanging it at Plato's for some used Abercrombie duds, which is what she really wanted. What she didn't see, however, was how cool it is to wear this headache-inducing printed shirt with a pair of Abercrombie khakis and an Abercrombie cable knit sweater so that the printed collar, cuffs and shirt tail show.
Last night I was watching That 70s Show on FX, when I saw an advertisement for the movie Duplex, with Drew Barrymore. I had wanted to see the movie, but never got around to it for some reason, so I was excited to watch it tonight at 8. It wasn't until this morning that I realized that what I really want to watch tonight at 8 is the Grammys. Good job, FX, you almost had me. But, the Grammys are only on tonight, and I can still rent Duplex when I get around to it.
Speaking of things that are on TV, when do the Olympics start? My family made such a big deal out of watching the Olympics when I was a kid. I think everybody's did. So, I'm excited to see some figure skating, but I don't know when it will be on. I guess I'll have to look it up.
Yesterday, when I was leaving work, I bumped into the girl who works next door as she was leaving, too. I noticed that she was carrying the same type of purse that I have, except hers is round and has white canvas with the multicolored LV logos on it. Again, I thought about how much we must have in common, and that I should make an effort to get to know her better, but she did take my spoon. Apparently, I hold grudges against people that I don't really know better than I do my friends. That's just her bad luck, for now at least.
Actually, now I wonder what she thinks of me, and why she hasn't made the effort to become my friend. Maybe she thinks I'm too old, since I get the feeling that she is about 2 years younger than me. I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment