I dressed up my avatar and put her in a restaurant, because that's what is going to happen to me tomorrow night, and I'm really excited about it!
Kevin and I have reservations (with Carrie and Shawn) at M for dinner, and then we all have tickets to see Ballet Met's Alice in Wonderland. We aren't sitting next to Carrie and Shawn for the show because it is actually a coincidence that we have tickets for the same night, but it will still be fun to meet up before and afterwards (and probably during intermission, too). Plus, Kevin and I have a bad habit of finding new seats during intermission. The show is going to be in the Capitol Theater in the Riffe Center, and I haven't been there since high school, but I remember it being more cozy and comfortable than the other performance spaces in downtown Columbus, so that's a plus.
I only watched the Grammys until about 10:00 or so last night, but I did catch the Madonna performance, which was wonderful. I was so happy that Kelly Clarkson won two Grammys, and got to perform. Actually, I didn't really like her much until last night, but she was just so damn cute! And, before I believed that American Idol was somehow paying all the radio stations to play her songs (because there are a ton of times when she is on a ton of different stations all the time, like you can't get away from her), but I don't think they could have bought off the academy, too. When I pointed out the radio coincidences to Kevin, he reminded me that she DOES have A LOT of good songs being played now. So, I resign myself to liking Kelly Clarkson, although I still don't like the American Idol franchise as a whole. And I probably won't buy her CD, although I may get it from the library and burn myself a copy...
The Keith Urban performace was good, too, but what the hell did he do to the end of his song? It was like he finally got a chance to add in the really angry verse at the end that his producers/managers made him cut from the radio version. He got scary mad, and then he sang a nice, happy song with Faith Hill. Don't ask me who plans these things, I don't know.
I thought it was really funny when they announced Ellen as "The Host of the Ellen DeGenres Show, Ellen DeGeneres," who came out and said that the next performer needed no introduction, and then walked away from the mic. Of course, she was talking about Paul McCartney, and his performance was kinda boring, so I started to get sleepy. Then, the Sly Stone tribute was enough to convince me to go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment