Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thursday

So far, today has been a completely ordinary day. Actually, last night was a pretty quiet evening as well.

Kevin and I had pasta and garlic rolls for dinner, and we did dishes and laundry. He did some reading while I went to the grocery store for a quick trip (bread and apples) and to fill my car up with gas. Then, since he was still reading when I got home, I finished up the second Magic Kingdom of Landover novel, The Black Unicorn. The whole story is about how frustrated the king, Ben Holiday, is with figuring out the spell that the wizard Meeks has cast on him, so it was really frustrating to read, and it took me forever to finish. I kept picking up other things to read instead.

Then, today, I went to lunch with Sara at Grinders where I ran into Courtney, but I still feel like today has been kind of a blah day. I think that may be because it is raining. Even though there is going to be crappier weather tomorrow (cold and snow), I think it will be a more exciting day.

Kevin and I are going to go to my sorority's date party, which involves laser tag and should be a ton of fun. I haven't seen some of my sorority sisters in forever, and I'm really looking to catching up with them. Or at least getting drunk and shooting things. (Apparently, there is going to be both a pre-laser tag keg and a post-laser tag keg. I hope there is something good in the keg, for Kevin's sake. I'll be bringing wine coolers or mudslides, or maybe a bottle of something else entirely.)

Which reminds me. How lame is Dick Cheney (don't get me wrong, I really like Bush and Cheney, and I don't want to get into any type of political debate with anyone)... but, the last time that one of our American Vice Presidents shot someone, it was when Aaron Burr killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel in 1804. (Ahh...1804...that was a good year.) That was totally intentional, and so much cooler than accidentally hitting an elderly lawyer in the face and chest with buckshot while hunting quail. I mean, who hunts quail these days anyway? With buckshot? And an elderly lawyer?!

What ever happened to the good old days where people solved their differences by dueling with pistols? As Red Foreman once said, "If you aren't mad enough to bare-knuckle box, then you aren't mad."

I guess that maybe I'm feeling blah today because I don't feel the need to bare-knuckle box or pistol duel with anyone over anything. Sigh. But tomorrow, people will be shot with lasers. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: