So, last night I made dinner for Valentine's Day. When Kevin asked me what I was making, I told him it was a feast. Later that night he told me that when I had said it was a feast, he thought it was just going to be a "regular ho-hum feast," but that it really was a feast!
I made stuffed mushrooms, and we had those first with bread and salads and a really good bottle of white wine. It was a riesling from Germany called Black Tower. Then, we had cornish game hens and garlic and herb potatoes. For dinner we had a red wine, called something about the four seasons, but it was terrible. Neither Kevin nor I liked it, and we actually dumped the bottle out. Kevin said it tasted like whisky, but all I could think was that it tasted really really bad. For dessert, we had the chocolates that Kevin bought for me.
All in all it was very nice. I really like any excuse to use the china that we got for our wedding, because it is so pretty. And, I was super proud of myself for the cornish game hens, especially since I cleaned and trussed them myself. (Kevin had to do the turkey at Thanksgiving, it was totally traumatic for me.) I won't lie, I did buy the game hens that were mostly already trussed, but I did have to do a little bit of work! (Baby steps...I'll be ready for Thanksgiving next year!)
No comments:
Post a Comment