I watched Chasing Liberty on DVD last night, and I really liked it. I actually liked it more than I thought that I would, and now I'm kind of confused as to why I avoided paying to see it in the theater, or even renting it. (I totally checked it out of the library, and only because it was sitting there on the shelf.) The marketing for this movie must have been all wrong, because it was actually really good.
I really want to get out to see Failure to Launch sometime in the next few days, but I don't know if I'll get around to it. Kevin wants to go out for corned beef for St. Patrick's Day, and his aunt and uncle and cousin's family are coming to our house for the first time on Saturday for dinner. That means that I have to do some cleaning and shopping, and start making some cannolis. His cousin's baby is about to turn one, so I haven't decided if I should try to baby-proof the house a little bit, too. I'm leaning towards not, since she is only going to be over for a few hours on one afternoon, and we should all be able to keep an eye on her.
I've really been in the mood to go shopping for clothes lately, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because it's almost spring, and I should try to buy some new stuff for the new season, and because I need to buy a dress for my sorority formal. But, it's bad, because when I get in moods like this, if I don't stay out of the stores, I spend a small fortune. Plus, I grew an inch since the last time the doctor measured me (which, by the way, they don't do everytime, and I don't think they had measured me in years), so now I have an excuse to buy new clothes. :)
I spent a ton on the wedding album that I ordered last night, but that's something that I've been planning to buy ever since we picked out our photographer for the wedding. Plus, me spending all that money was like a culmination of my top three weaknesses, which are:
1. Weddings (particularly my own)
2. Shopping
3. Pictures
Just in case you were wondering, the rest of my top weaknesses are, in no particular order: clothes and shoes; babies; parties; fancy food, wine and chocolate; and, good decorating. I think Kevin's newest weakness is gourmet coffee, because we recently joined a home delivery gourmet coffee club. They sent us a beautiful automatic, programmable, digital, stainless steel coffee maker, and now we get shipments of gourment coffee every month. It's like Columbia House, but for food. Their catalog also has tea, cookies, cakes, mugs, gift baskets, etc. It's kinda cool. (Shameless promotion: we get free stuff if we refer a friend - like Columbia House again - so let me know if you are interested. Ha! I really don't expect anyone else to be interested.)
No comments:
Post a Comment