I had a really good day yesterday, and it continued into the evening. I did get to go to the New York & Co. store closing sale, and I only spent $50 or so, and I got a new pair of pants, skirt and black jacket. It was totally awesome!
So, I still don't know for sure if City Center is closing, but if the mall is trying to stay open, it is doing a really, really bad job of it. I'm still upset about when Abercrombie & Fitch pulled out a few years ago, and I think that last night was probably the last time I will be in the mall, unless Kaufmann's has a huge going out of business sale in the near future. We didn't walk around much, but just about everything we passed was empty. Limited and American Eagle are gone, as is Cheryl's Cookies and the Sweet Factory. Express was closed. I wonder if Victoria's Secret is still there, and if they will have a good sale if they close. Hmm... Maybe I will go back one more time on my lunch break and check it out. But probably not today, as there is a parade to watch at lunchtime!
Kevin and I went to Wing's last night, near Bexley. We went because there was an article in the Dispatch about how this place had the best corned beef and cabbage in town. Suprising thing - it's a Chinese restaurant. I'm glad we went, and Kevin's corned beef was very good, but I don't think we will go back. The restaurant isn't fancy, but we spent $50 on Chinese food there last night! The service was horrible, the drop ceiling tiles were all stained and broken, and our black leather booth had a patch made of electrical tape. And, we spent $50 on Chinese food, and we didn't even get egg rolls, and I ran out of rice way before I ran out of Lemon Chicken. Rice, the cheapest thing! Plus, it was impossible to actually get any pop, even though we ordered it, because we got tiny glasses filled with a ton of ice, and it was impossible to get a refill. But, Kevin and I had a good time. There were paper placemats with pictures of all the U.S. Presidents on them with trivia questions (which were very out of place, but very entertaining) and a very nice big screen plasma tv so we could watch some college basketball.
Speaking of the NCAA Tournament, Kevin had me fill out a bracket, and we are entered into a pool with some of the guys that he works with. It's a huge thing, all on the internet, and they set up PayPal to accept our buy-in. It was very nicely done, and there are a ton of people in it. Even though I don't really watch basketball and I just kinda picked teams (OSU is gonna win it all, of course), being in a pool is making this whole March Madness thing way more fun for me. I have yet to watch a game from beginning to end, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment