Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sidebar: I've been bidding on italian charms on ebay


I bought the one pictured above, and I'm super excited about updating my bracelet. Some of my charms are no longer really timely - such as the ones from when I graduated in 2003 and the ones that say I'm the bride, since we're coming up on our first anniversary. (We've been married almost 10 months now!)

UPS delivered my wedding album two nights ago, and I have it all put together now. I'm so happy with it - it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to. Plus, I've been trying to explain to Kevin what type of album I was ordering, but he never really was able to picture it. Now that we have it and it's all together, he really likes it, too. He finally admitted that it was worth the money. Now I'm debating on whether or not I should take it to Cincinnati when we go on Saturday for his cousin's daughter's first birthday party, since there will be a ton of his family there to see it. But I don't want to steal any of Zoey's thunder. (But I don't know that I would, who can resist a darling one year old on her birthday?)

I was at the Courthouse yesterday afternoon doing something work-related, and an old man in his late 40s with a bald head and a really long goatee approached me with the following pick-up line, which I now submit for your approval:

"What beautiful red hair! I've been looking for a redheaded stepmother for my children. What do you say?"

I said, "No, thank you," and he left me alone after that. Now, do you think he was trying to do a play on the redheaded stepchild thing, or do you think he was really trying to come up with a good pick-up line, and the redheaded stepchild play on words just came out? All I can say is eeewww!!

I've got plans to go to lunch with my friend Sara today at Jack's Diner. All the mainstream restaurants downtown have been closing lately, like Blimpe's, Wendy's and McDonald's, so we are looking for new places to eat. (But if they don't take my plastic, we have a backup plan to eat at Quizno's.) If it's good, I'll let you know.

No comments: