Monday, March 27, 2006

It was a great weekend!


I'm so excited about the fact that I finally managed to win a good Ohio State charm without having to sell my right arm for it! Sometimes Ebay rocks!

Kevin and I had a pretty busy weekend, but it was really good. We drove down to Cincinnati for Zoey's first birthday party, and I had a really good time. Zoey got a ton of gifts! I don't know if she'll ever find the time and energy to be interested in all of the toys that she got. She also got a ton of clothes! She's going to be a very well-dressed baby. (Well, at least until she grows out of everything.) It was really nice to hang out with Kevin's cousin Megan and to see their new home, which is lovely.

On Sunday, Kevin and I drove up to Burton, Ohio (motto: We had the first telephone in Ohio, but now we just have pancakes!) for the maple sugar festival. We went to an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast with his family, visited the maple sugar shack, and went to a craft show and an art show. It was a very eventful day. We brought some maple sugar fudge back to Columbus for my family, so we stopped at their house on our way back home, and they fed us chocolate cake.

I'll have a bunch of pictures to post soon from the birthday party and the trip to Burton, Ohio.

Next weekend: I'm getting my hair cut, shopping for a formal dress and scrapbooking with Sara. So, it should be equally entertaining, but with a whole lot less driving around the state.

No comments: