Thursday, April 6, 2006

Camping

Kevin has finally talked me into going camping this summer with his family at Lake Higgins in Michigan for almost a week. His parents reserved the campsites yesterday. We are going to have to go shopping sometime and buy a tent and sleeping bags, and all that other camping gear. I don't want to sleep on the ground, so we are going to look into buying an air mattress or some cots, too.

The main reason for going to Lake Higgins is to go sailing on his parent's boat. I've only gone sailing with them once, and I was surprised at how much work it is. You can never just sit and relax on a sailboat, there is always one way or another that you have to lean and throw all of your weight. And that's hard work for me, when I'm trying to balance someone else's larger mass on the other side. I think I much prefer motor boats, which don't require any work after they are in the water and the engine is started, and don't have movable parts that can swing and hit you in the head, knocking you out and over the edge.

But, I'm really looking forward to going (I think). It should be fun. I've only ever been camping with Kevin one other time, and that was only for a night. This will definitely be an experience like I've never had before, and only time will tell whether or not I ever go again.

No comments: