And tomorrow is Thursday, and the day after that is Friday, and I have no plans for this weekend! (Well, except for figuring out our taxes, once and for all, and working on the blanket that I'm making for my grandparents' 50th anniversary.) Hopefully this weekend will be nice, and I'll get to work on my flower garden, too.
I'm still reading that same book, Labyrinth. It usually doesn't take me this long to finish a book, but everytime I get into the story line, the author does something gruesome to one of the characters, and then switches to another storyline, which completely yanks the rug out from under me, and then I put it down. The book is due back to the library on the 10th, and today is the 5th, and I have no idea if I'll finish it before then. It's a good thing that library fines are cheap for books.
The most expensive library fine that Kevin and I ever paid was about $150. I had put a bunch of CD's in a bag next to the front door, so that we could take them back. Then, Kevin put the garbage bag next to the front door so that he could take it out to the garbage can. Needless to say, by the time he got his shoes and coat on, he also picked up the bag of CDs and threw those out, too. I didn't notice that they were missing until later when they were becoming overdue, and by then it was too late to do anything about it. We replaced some of the CDs ourselves, but we still had to pay the library a fortune. It stunk. Now, I never put library materials in any sort of bag, just in case they get lost.
Ooh, I just remembered that Kevin and I made plans to meet Shawn and Carrie after work tomorrow at Don Pablos. Good thing I remembered today, and didn't leave them sitting there in the restaurant waiting for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment