Friday, April 21, 2006

Migrain & Movie Marathon

Last night I had a really bad headache, so Kevin and I mostly just laid around and watched movies.

First, we watched Elizabethtown, which was pretty good, but I can see why it got bad reviews when it was in theaters. Kirsten Dunst and Susan Sarandon totally out-classed Orlando Bloom, and he just kinda looked pathetic. Plus, he is way sexier when he is (a) a pirate, or (b) an elf. When he plays a regular guy, he looks, well, like a regular guy. The story was a bit long, and kinda disjointed, too, but I enjoyed it.

The second movie that we watched was The Island. IT WAS AWESOME! The story was great, the special effects were top notch, and Scarlett Johansson, Ewan McGregor, Sean Bean and Steve Buscemi were fantastic! It was directed by Michael Bay, who directed Armageddon and The Rock, which are both really great movies.

In fact, I could watch The Island again, and I could always watch Armageddon over and over and over. The Island is now *officially* one of my favorite movies. Kevin is thinking about buying it, Armageddon and The Rock as sort of a Michael Bay-directed trilogy, so that we can live like hermits, and watch them all the time. (Just kidding about the hermit part.)

I'm really in a movie mood, and there are a ton of movies opening tonight that I want to see. First, and foremost, is Silent Hill. I don't know how I'm going to talk Kevin into it, but I really want to see it in the theater. He might make a concession and go with me if I can talk other people into going with us. Next, I want to see American Dreamz, becuase it looks really funny, and I love Hugh Grant. Kevin has promised me that he will always see Hugh Grant movies with me, because they are always better than he thinks that they will be, so that one will be easy. Maybe I can talk him into going to see Silent Hill if I promise that we can sneak into American Dreamz afterwards in order to get rid of the creepie-crawlies.

By the way, how do you feel about the practice of paying for one movie, and then staying to see a second one?

No comments: