Thursday, April 20, 2006
The Virgin Blue
I finished reading The Virgin Blue this afternoon, and it was a really good story. Earlier, I had noted that I was struck by certain similiarities between this book, and Labyrinth by Kate Mosse. Now that I've read this book all the way to the end, those similiarities still exist, but I know that the stories are completely different. If I decided to write a story based in France regarding the religious conflicts between the Catholics and the Protestants and had two female heroines from the same family that shared memories/dreams but lived generations apart, I could probably come up with a third unique story myself. :) Maybe someday I will try, but I'm not really in the mood to do all that research right now. But, it is a thought, and it would be a good reason for a trip to the France!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment