Monday, May 15, 2006

The Birth of Venus and Striped Curtains


I love this painting. I have it hanging in our bedroom over our garden tub. I couldn't imagine a more appropriate place for it in our house, and now our tub would seem naked without it.

I am thinking, however, of having it reframed with a mat to match the new curtains that I am going to be making for that room.

On Saturday, Kevin and I were driving around when we passed a man holding a sign saying that Hancock Fabrics was going out of business. So, we headed over and bought a bolt of beautiful striped decorator fabric that matches just about every room in our house, and I am going to use it to make curtains for the master bathroom and possibly even the family room and kitchen bay window, or the dining room bay window. I'm not sure how far the fabric will go, or when I will get tired of seeing it. So, I shall start with the bathroom and go from there. :)

But, I won't start (probably) until after I finish the blanket. I am getting closer to being done all the time, and I have some extra time to work on it next Saturday, since the mother-daughter banquet that I was planning on going to with my mom has been rescheduled.

No comments: