
Divine inspiration finally struck yesterday, and I am going to write a novel. It's going to be great!! There are characters, a story, and even some research to be done!
Yesterday the idea came to me as I was driving home from work, but I realize now that it had been percolating all day in my little head. I think it might have had something to do with the espresso that I had yesterday morning from the coffee shop downstairs. I swear it must be stronger than they make it at Starbucks, because shortly after drinking it, I was having heart palpitations, and I never really came down.
Anyways, I have been reading and reading and reading lately, and now, *finally* I think it has paid off. I can see what type of writing I want to use and what type of structure to employ for my novel! Oh, the influences abound!
Last night, I was being flightly all over the house in my excitement, daydreaming of finishing a novel and getting an agent and getting published and getting paid! Kevin must have thought I was mad for all my energy and excitment, and when I told him why I was excited (the getting paid part), he was nonplussed, as if he had expected it all along. In fact, that's pretty much what he said.
So, this morning, as I was getting ready, my daydreams progressed. My novel was picked for the Oprah book club, on top of the New York Times best seller list, and being made into a movie. There I was, on the set, talking to Scarlett Johansson (who else would star in a movie based on my novel?) and becoming best friends...
I suppose I should probably start on some of that research. Oh, and I need to buy a new notebook to put it all in. (My current notebook is actually full of poems that I need to type up and work on editing.) This morning, during breakfast, I actually wrote out the opening paragraphs! I'm so excited!
But I'm not ready to tell you what it is about yet. You'll see!
[Laurent de LaHire: Abraham Sacrificing Isaac (1650)]
No comments:
Post a Comment