Monday, May 1, 2006

My Weekend was Good

Friday:

The sorority formal was a great time! It was held at Confluence Park, and coincidentally, my old high school (CAHS) was there that night, too, having their prom! I stopped in to see if I knew any of the teachers that were chaperoning the dance, and I saw a couple that I knew:

Mr. Fawcett, my old chemistry teacher and The God of the Theater, remembered me and was very pleased to meet my husband. He was totally cool about us being there for the formal.

Senora Condron (Spanish teacher), recognized me, but was totally confused about why I was at prom with my husband. But, she was nice enough to Kevin.

Mr. Ramsey, the art teacher at CAHS, didn’t recognize me at all, and he didn’t have any interest in talking to anyone who wasn’t another teacher, so he very quickly brushed Kevin and I off with a “Have a Nice Prom!” (I only ever took one art class, so I can’t really blame him for not realizing that I wasn’t actually at prom…also, I guess that means I still have all of my youthful beauty, although I would prefer it if my youthful beauty was a little bit more like a 20-something, and not a teenager.)

I saw Mr. Wieland and his wife after that, but since I only ever took government with Mr. Wieland, and I was already miffed about Mr. Ramsey telling me to have a nice prom, I didn’t stop to talk to them before heading back to my sorority formal. I guess Jimmy V (Mr. Velo) was there, too, but I didn’t see him.

I forgot to bring my camera to the formal, so I don’t have any pictures yet. But, my brother was there as one of my sorority sister’s dates, so he let me borrow his camera for the night. I am hoping to get copies of pictures from him when he develops his film, and copies from a few other girls who did bring their cameras. When I do, I will be sure to post them!

Saturday:

Golfing was a blast!! We played 18 at the Gahanna Municipal Golf Course, which only has nine holes, so the back nine are just the front nine played over again. I did better the second time around. I even landed a ball on the green off the tee on a par three hole, and I was super happy and proud of myself. But then, I three-putted it into the hole, which sucks. By the second time around, I was really tired and totally sunburned. I am glad that I got to play, though.

The next time we go out, I think I only want to play 9. And, I would love to play a par three course. This course was a little hard. There were only two par three holes, and the rest were par four and fives.

After we were done golfing, we went over to Don Pablos for dinner, since it was actually my mom's birthday. I love Don Pablos, so that was good.

Sunday:

Church was packed on Sunday!! Pastor Dan was really excited, too, and he kept jumping from subject to subject. He has been running a little bit long lately, and instead of stopping at noon, he has been stopping closer to 12:25 and 12:30. But, he managed to end right at 12:00 this week.

We went out for dinner (Cheeseburger in Paradise) to celebrate my mom’s birthday on Sunday (since Chris wasn't with us the day before), and she really liked the gift we got for her. We bought her a Pyrex Portable set, which consists of a baking dish, lid and carrying case with both hot and cold packs. (It was something that she really wanted, trust me. I got one for our wedding, and it is fabulous, and she was jealous.) We also got her an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, because those are the best!

I was a little bummed out on Sunday because I was so tired from golfing the day before that I kept falling asleep (thankfully not in church), and also because I was too sunburned to wear the new sun dress that I bought last weekend. I was so bummed out about not being able to wear my new dress that I just wore jeans to church (but so did Kevin, so it was alright).

Finally, after we got home, Kevin and I watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, which was a good movie, even if it was totally a chick flick that made me cry.

No comments: