Today I decided to get pizza for lunch. I walked to the end of the line, and got in it, just before the legal secretary from my boss' old law firm. She was clearly there with another gentleman, so I smiled, and said hi. We made small talk for a few minutes, but she never introduced me to the person she was with. Good manners exist for a reason, and her lack of them made me very uncomfortable. I didn't know whether I should try to take part in their conversation, as I was never introduced, or whether I should turn my back to them and just wait in line to place my pizza order. Either way, I felt like I was being rude. Then, she never invited me to sit with them (not that she had to), so I assumed that I was not to sit down with her and the man she didn't even bother to introduce. So, I walked to the back dining room and began to sit down at a table for two. She followed me, and then she said, "Oh, I don't know where he wants to sit." She then went to the front dining room and never even said goodbye or anything.
How hard would it have been for her to be like, "This is so and so, and we would invite you to join us, but we have to discuss this and that"?!?
Then, the same group that was picketing Quizno's that one time was out in front of Potbelly's today. They harrassed me into taking a flyer, and I discovered that they are contractor-construction workers, and they are pissed off at NAI Equities (or something like that) for driving down their wages by using cheap migrant labor. Basically, a bunch of black men are pissed because Mexicans are cheapter to employ as construction workers.
On the bright side, though, there are two things:
1. Today, I have been married for 11 months exactly; and,
2. I bought a new pair of dangly threaded gold earrings that were on sale at the mall during my lunch break and I'm going to wear them to Formal tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment