I read a lot of blogs on here, especially those that belong to friends of friends, even though I don't know them personally. I guess in the past few days there has been some conversation about some pretty serious subjects, such as religion, jobs, education, standard of living and quality of life. I feel like I have something to contribute to all of this, but I really don't know how to begin...
First, I suppose, I just want to offer my own *personal* beliefs, and they are not directed towards anyone or anything that anyone said. I just want to illustrate another point of view and different type of life.
Second, I want to express how very scary it is to write this, although I can't understand why it should be. I suppose it is because I usually just let other people do all the talking about serious things, even when I think it is an important subject, because I hate *hate* confrontation and don't want to risk being looked at in an unfavorable light. But here goes...
Life can be unreasonably hard and unfair, and it is true that many people get the short end of the stick. There are also people who have lots of worldly goods and seem successful, but aren't happy and have other issues, such as with self esteem or drugs, etc. There are also people in the middle who have all the basic nessecities, but not the top of the line stuff that they really want. It seems like it is *always* possible for someone to be dissatisfied with what they have, even if they have everything. People can question the choices that they have made, wish for a different life, wish that they had more. Oftentimes it is easy to look at someone else and think that they have everything that you want, and then it can be hard to understand how they can be struggling. It's very easy to be dissastisfied, and it can be hard to be satisfied with life unless you have a very strong support system or are blessed with an unusually bright outlook on life.
Some people are not fortunate in family, and sometimes it can be easier for families to break up than to stay together, leaving some people without that strong support system. One way to build that system back up is with other people, and one of the places to find them is at a church that you can fit in with.
I love my church. We are all at different points in our lives, with some people being wildly more successful than others, and coming from all different walks of life, from the most sheltered to the most wordly, but we are all there together, and we are all looking for the same things: To be smart, quick, bright, sharp, good looking, rich, and to see miracles.
I understand that some people may think that a church that promotes wealth is out of line, but we need to be smart, successful, good looking and rich in order to help others and bring them to god and help them have a better life. Money isn't the root of all evil. The *love* of money is the root of evil. A church with money and rich christians can do real good in this world by having enough that they can give it away.
Life doesn't have to be hard. People can be victorious and successful in life and it isn't a question of balancing it with religion. The easiest way to be successful is and satisfied with what you have (that I know of) is actually *through* religion.
I am very blessed. I have a good family, wonderful husband, and my needs are met. God is responsible for that. God is not responsible for all the terrible things that happen in this world. The problem is that he is waiting to help people and protect them, and he can't do anything if they don't want him to, believe that he can and ask him for it. It is so sad that there are churches that will tell people that god is responsible for making them sick or for their child's death. Because, then that just confuses the issue more, and turns more people away from one of the things that could help them.
I would like to issue a standing invitation to anyone who would like to come to my church just to see this other point of view, if it is different to you, or if you really are interested in coming because you feel like you need a new church. We meet at 10:30 on Sunday mornings, and it usually lasts until noon.
Faith Life Family Church, 2580 Jordan Road, Columbus, Ohio 43231 - (614) 898-7688
No comments:
Post a Comment