Friday, May 26, 2006

Our First Anniversary


The weekend is finally here, and so is our first anniversary! I'm so glad that we decided to get married on a three-day weekend, so that we would have a three-day weekend every year for our anniversary!

Last night we picked up our cake from our baker. Instead of freezing the top layer from our actual wedding cake, we just made arrangements to have our baker make us another one for this year. Since we did that, we decided to go with the chocolate and strawberries groom's cake that we had at the rehearsal dinner. We picked it up last night, and we weren't quite sure when we wanted to eat it at first. But, by the time we got home, we decided that we should start celebrating already! So, we put some milk in champagne flutes and cut our anniversary cake! It was delicious, and I had some for breakfast today, too. :)

Kevin and I have decided that we may very well order this cake every year for our anniversary for the rest of our lives. Long live the cake baker!!

I'll be sure to post pictures from the rest of our anniversary weekend later. (We took pictures of our cake last night, but I left the camera in the car today, so you'll have to wait to see those pictures until I post them all.)

I hope that everyone else has a great Memorial Day weekend! Cheers!

No comments: