
Well, I am back from our anniversary trip, and it was a GREAT time. Actually, I've been back for a few days now, but I have been too busy to do anything online. It's been weird, not having any time to check my e-mail and the like. I guess all the business at the beginning of the week was some sort of payment for the great long weekend.
I took a half-day off from work on Friday, and snacked on some anniversary cake and basically relaxed for a bit. Then, I met Kevin at my parents' house when he was done with work, and we set off for the castle. Our suite was amazing!! We spent about two hours in the indoor heated pool in the fitness center Friday night, which I really enjoyed. I love swimming. We walked around the castle grounds a bit that night, and the stars were so clear and bright, and there were so many, many more than I have ever seen before, because we were so far away from everything else!
The next day we rented a golf cart and went off-roading on the 30 miles of trail around the castle on the grounds. It was SO MUCH FUN! I had no idea that a golf cart could be so much fun when you don't have to worry about the groundskeeper yelling at you for tearing up the grass! I'm sure we almost rolled the cart a few times, and we were almost attacked by three very large wildish dogs at one point. But, we survived! There was a ton of interesting stuff on the grounds, too, like cabins, covered bridges and hunting shacks.
After we left the castle, we drove around a bit and ended up in Mount Vernon, where we ate at a little diner called Katie's Kitchen. Then, we got a room at the Mount Vernon Inn, which was a fantastic little bed and breakfast! Our room was really nice.
We drove out to the Kokosing Gap Trail, and we biked 9 miles!! I was really proud of us for that! The trail was great, and there was a ton of wildlife. We saw a deer, and a ton of chipmunks. Actually, I almost ran a chipmonk over with my bike, it was a close call. The Kokosing Gap Trail is a rail trail - where the old railroad bed has been paved and is now used for recreation. But the old railway bridges still remain, and those were pretty cool.
On Saturday night, we found a movie theater in Mount Vernon and we watched the third X-Men movie, which I thought was pretty good.
On Sunday morning, we ate at the bed and breakfast - they had a superb breakfast buffet, and they made pancakes and eggs to order. Then, we drove out to Knox Lake and rented a pontoon boat from Grandpa's Boat Rentals! Driving the boat was so much fun and the lake was really beautiful. There were a ton of people fishing, but we were just out for the sightseeing. I brought the boat into the dock, and the girl who helped us tie up the boat was very impressed with my boating skills.
By the end of the weekend, though, we just ended up relaxing at home, because we were tired from all we had done!
I posted some pictures online, and you should check them out.
No comments:
Post a Comment