Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Coleman - The Greatest Name in Camping Gear


At least, that's according to what the Coleman website said when I went there this afternoon to download a picture of the tent we bought last night.

So, as you now know, Kevin and I bought a tent last night. The main purpose of this tent will be our first camping trip later this summer when we go to Lake Higgins (the second most beautiful lake in the world, according to National Geographic) later this summer with Kevin's family.

We went to Sabo's Camping (Your One Stop Camp Shop) near the Lennox last night to look at tents, since they have a (purportedly) wide variety set up in the store to look at. Mostly, they set up a bunch of little 2 person backpacking tents, which is not what we were looking for. But, I realized that the reason I'm afraid of camping is because small tents make me claustrophobic, and I feel like I can't breathe in them. So, we bought a nice, large family tent that sleeps 8 and has 3 rooms.

The tent is pictured above. It is the Coleman Red Canyon tent. We set it up in the backyard last night after we bought it to make sure that we liked it and knew how it worked. I really like it. Kevin likes it. Plus, it is guaranteed not to leak and it has a 5 year warranty. How can you not like that?

No comments: