Monday, June 26, 2006

Harry Potter Body Count

Today Ms. Rowling said in an interview that one of the characters that she was planning to kill in the last book didn't die, but that two characters that she didn't expect to kill off did. I'm not going to spend the next year or so trying to figure out who it is...really I'm not.

I do have a hunch that the original plan was to kill off Harry, but that she has finally been talked out of it. She also said in the interview that she understands why an author would kill off their main character - so that no one else could pick up the story when she was done with it. So, I figure that in order for Harry to live, two other characters had to die in his place.

But, I would like to say that I love the name J.K. Rowling, and I've been considering using the name J.K. K****** myself. I don't know if it has quite the same ring to it, though. (The middle initial "K" would be for my maiden name.)

What do you think?

No comments: