
What could have been the coolest thing to happen to me in my life almost just happened - but didn't!
Let's start with this morning - Kevin had a men's meeting at church at 6:30 AM, so the alarm went off obnoxiously early - around 5:00 AM. I was so tired all morning, and I didn't have a really good morning. In fact, my hair is in a ponytail. My hair gets ponytailed about 6 times a year, when I really just can't deal with it. I'm wearing an old blue sweater over a purple cotton tank top. Needless to say, I'm not looking as well-put together as I usually do.
Now, fast forward to this afternoon. It's 2:30, and I'm falling asleep at my desk, so I go downstairs to the coffee shop next door to my office building to get my ususal, a caramel mocha latte. I walk in and a man with a camera says he is doing an interview for the Rachael Ray show! (OMG!)
He says that I should just provide some brief answers to his questions. I nod, completely zombie-like. He says, "Why do you come here?" I say, "The coffee is good." He says, "Wow, that was brief."
DAMN! IN A HALF HOUR WHEN THIS CAFFINEE KICKS IN I AM GOING TO BE PISSED! I BLEW IT! This could have been my chance to be a *STAR* and I blew it. I could have been discovered as the next television personality, and I, needing coffee, in a ponytail and rumpled clothing, can only manage an unemotional, "The coffee is good."
ALACK!
No comments:
Post a Comment