
The green peppers that I planted in my windowsill garden are just about to be ready to be planted outside. I think I want to plant them in the side garden, but that's where the kittens have set up shop.
Actually, the momma cat moved the kittens just a little bit recently. Before, they were just behind a bush in the side garden, snuggled next to the house. But, I guess the kittens were starting to wander away a bit, because the momma cat moved them down into the little hole where the basement window is next to the house. They aren't big enough to climb out of the hole yet, but they will be soon.
My dad and my brother are taking golf lessons this summer as part of a summer golf clinic program. They are teaching the new stuff that they are learning to Kevin and I, and it's been great. It's like we are getting the lessons for free. :) Recently, they have helped me to change the plane of my swing, so that it is more up and down, and less of what they call a "baseball swing." (They seem to think that I know how to swing a baseball bat properly, which is kind of amusing.) After the swing is going in the right direction, I guess it is all in the wrists. I've been practicing, but I don't know if I am getting any better, because I haven't been practicing with a ball yet. (This new program doesn't actually let you hit a ball with a golf club until like the 5th lesson or something like that. Crazy - but I hope it works!) My secret hope is that I get to be good at golf, at least as good as they all are, but it would be great to be able to beat them sometimes!
"Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at." - Jimmy Demaret
No comments:
Post a Comment