
I am going to be a pirate for halloween this year, and I am going to paint my face like this with all these eyes. I thought it was so cool when he had his eyes closed, but the lids were painted to look like they were open!
On Friday night, Kevin and I tried to find a bike path that we have a map for that goes through the more rural parts of Canal Winchester. We ended up in Violet township, on a dirt path for 4-wheelers around a corn field. It wasn't what we were looking for, but it was great. It was random, but it was near a creek, so it was pretty cool. The farmer must have planted early or been using a super fertilizer, because his corn was already 8-10 feet tall! When we got off the bikes, though, I realized I was covered in dust and spider webs. It wasn't too bad, but I did shower as soon as we got home.
We decided to ride our bikes on Saturday morning on our usual paved bike path by our house. We were out for about 45 minutes on the trail, so by the time we got home, we were running late for our canoeing trip with Sara and Jason. We made it to Sara and Jason's house about 20 minutes late, and we got there after Kelly and Lee had, but we were still earlier than Carrie and Shawn!
Sara and Jason had made us a wonderful lunch consisting of BBQ pulled pork, baked mac and cheese, my very own wicked beans recipe and cherry chocolate chip cookies. It was delicious. When we were done eating, we headed over to Trapper John's Canoe Livery and waited forever for 4 canoes. But, it was a good time since we were all together. The canoeing *almost* went down without incident, but then my husband started splashing everyone with his oar. He started with me, so I drenched him back. Then, once we were both soaking wet, we decided to start splashing everyone else. I don't think Sara liked that very much. *grin*
After we got back to Sara's and dried off and changed, we decided to go to the movies to see Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. (Oh, I just now got the pun in the title on the word "chest.") Anyways, it was a great movie, and I am excited about going to see the next one. My favorite parts were when Captain Sparrow told the crew to hide the Rum from Elizabeth, and then when Will Turner used the rum as an explosive. ("Why is the rum always gone?")
I remembered how the first movie had a little clip at the end of the credits, so I made Jason and Sara and Kevin wait until the end of the credits. I was about to feel really stupid for making them sit there for so long, but it paid off, because I was right! There was a clip at the end!
At church on Sunday, the pastor's granddaughter brought a stop watch and gave it to the pastor's wife, since he has been running service over lately. It was pretty funny. After church, we went to dinner with my family at Olive Garden and I tried their new Tuscan Garlic Chicken. It was delicious and I highly recommend it.
While we were at my parents' house, my little brother had the saxophone section from the Thomas Worthington High School marching band over for practice since he is section leader. It was so funny to watch him train the incoming freshman how to march in my parents' court! (I guess he is trying to win an award for the most prepared section at band camp next month.)
Kevin and I stopped by the Westerville Music and Arts Festival on the way home, and instead of buying any art, we ended up buying hand-made tin cookie cutters. We bought a football helmet, dolphin, sail boat, musical note, moose, palm tree and the outline of the State of Ohio. Trust me when I say that we had a good reason for each one.
We also watched Hide and Seek on DVD. It was an excellent movie, and I think that Dakota Fanning was perfect for the part. I was pleasantly surprised that Famke Janssen was in the movie, too. The ending was great, and I never saw it coming. The disc we watched actually had 5 different endings, and we watched them all. The best one by far was the one that was shown in the theaters.
The other DVD that we watched this weekend was Shopgirl with Claire Danes and Steve Martin. It reminded me of Lost in Translation, only I liked it better.
This morning I got a call at my office from some fundraiser for muscular distrophy (or some other disease), that offered to come to my office and "mock arrest" me for charity. They said that someone I knew had nominated me for it. I told them I wasn't interested and they didn't pressure me. Now I wish I had asked who had nominated me. Maybe I would have done it for someone that I actually did know.
No comments:
Post a Comment