Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I don't even know what to say about all this.

Julie: "Um, Kevin, did you do something to my laptop?"

Kevin: "No, why?"

Julie: "Because the mouse isn't working. It worked just fine last night."

Kevin: "Here, let me see it. Nope, it isn't working. Maybe you can try reformatting the hard drive."

Julie: "That sounds like a ton of work."

Kevin: "I guess the computer is about 4 years old. Maybe we can look into getting you a new one during the Black Friday sales. But you should try to fix it first."


Three days and 18 hours later:

Julie: "I'm almost done reformatting the hard drive. It's going to reboot now, and then we will see if the mouse works."


45 minutes later:

Julie: "Nope. It's still broken."

Kevin: "Maybe you could take it in for a repair and see how much it will be to fix it before we buy a new one."

Julie: "That sounds like a lot of work. Did you know that Best Buy is running a sale for Black Friday? For about $700 you can buy a package of two laptops and an X-Box 360!"

Kevin: "That's a really interesting deal! Let me know how much it is to fix your laptop, and then we will decide."


The next day:

Julie: "Hello, laptop repair man. The mouse on my laptop isn't working, and I was wondering how much it would be to fix."

Guy: "Did you try turning the mouse back on yet?"

Julie: "What do you mean?"

Guy: "Just push the Fn button and the F7 key at the same time."

Julie: "Oh my God! It worked. I am so embarrassed!"

Guy: "Have a nice day!"

1 comment:

Our Blessed Journey said...

ha ha ha ha ha (as I scramble to make a note, just in case:D)