Friday, November 2, 2012

Maybe Santa Should Start Playing the Lottery

Today I gave the boys the Toys R Us Big Book of toys along with some markers so that they could circle the things that they wanted Santa to bring them for Christmas.

Connor, predictably, circled a ton of Lego sets.  Like all of them. I was adding up the sum of all the Legos he requested, and when I said, "That's like $500 worth of Legos," Connor replied,

"Don't worry about it, Mom.  It's Santa, remember?"

He has also requested:

An XBox 360 with Kinect and Skylanders (Not going to happen.  We said no video game systems at home until he is 10 years old.)

An iPhone.  (That's what I want for Christmas, for the record.)  Oh, with a Skylanders case to put it in.  (I can skip that part for mine, by the way.)

A Star Wars Multi-Troop Transport Droid Carrier.  Which sounds fine, until you realize just how big and expensive the thing is.  Also, I think this toy looks like he would play with it for about 20 minutes before abandoning it.  To be frank, I think it looks dumb.  But what do I know about toys that five-year old boys would like?  I've never been a five-year old boy.  I guess I need to consult with Kevin on this one.

This air hockey table.  To put in his bedroom.  His bedroom.

No comments: