Friday, October 25, 2013

Design-Your-Own-Pokemon-Shirt Contest

This is a photo essay.  Watch out for the photos.

Anyways.

This weekend is the Regional Pokemon Trading Card Game Tournament, which Connor is so so sososo excited about.  As a part of the tournament, there are going to be several side competitions.

One of them is a Design-Your-Own-Pokemon-Shirt contest, which Connor wanted to participate in.

I asked him how he wanted to proceed with this venture, and he said that he wanted to sew three of his favorite Pokemon onto a shirt.  A black shirt.  And the three Pokemon?  Genesect, Palkia and Dialga.

I still didn't know what he wanted, so I asked him to draw me a picture:

IMG_2881

Yeah, I still didn't know exactly what he wanted, so I had to look the Pokemon up:

IMG_2876

Then, we made a plan, and made a shirt.  Yeah, we mostly winged it.  And I can't believe how well it turned out!

By the way, this is the photo essay part:

IMG_2875

IMG_2877

IMG_2878

IMG_2879

IMG_2880

I won't pretend that I didn't do most of the work.  But Connor did do some of the sewing himself.  In particular, he did the grey parts of Dialga.

IMG_2955

IMG_2956

Lex kept busy during sewing time by stringing beetles onto string:

IMG_2962

IMG_2967

IMG_2968

IMG_2969

Untitled

I can't wait to see him wear it on Saturday!

No comments: