Thursday, January 23, 2014

Conversations about a lollipop

Lex loves him some lollipops.  He's something of a lolly connoisseur.

We went to Trader Joe's the other night, and Lex picked up a prize lollipop at the end of the trip.  But, it was almost bedtime, and we were sort of hoping that he would fall asleep in the car on the way home.  (No, it didn't work, by the way.)  But, I didn't want him to fall asleep with a lollipop in his mouth, so I was trying to save it for the next day.

Here's what was said about it in our car:

Daddy:  "Did you know sugar is poison?  It's like rat poison.  Only in small doses."

Lex:  "Daddy, I can fight the poison.  I will just punch it in the face."

How can you argue with logic like that?  So, I decided not too, and I just kept the lollipop in my purse until the next day.  He couldn't eat it because he didn't have it.  Simple.

No comments: