Friday, August 29, 2014

Getting Ready for School

I bought some more things for our homeschool for this fall:

IMG_6086

What did I buy? 

Three games:  Zoom Around Town (a strategy and critical thinking game), Sight Word Space Station, and Pizza Party ("A Versatile Fraction Game").

Some outer-space themed sticker progress reward charts.  Because they are awesome.

A Cause & Effect workbook.  For Connor.

Spanish alphabet flashcards.

Compound word picture cards.

Two Slide & Spell manipulatives.

Two non-fiction story books that go along with the ones that I bought earlier this summer.

Not pictured:  An awesome United States coloring book that I bought from another member of the homeschool group that I joined.  For $1.00.

For our online programs, we are planning to use ABCmouse.com for Lex for kindergarten.  Connor picked Go Math Academy for his online math program, and I'm also going to get us a subscription to Brain Pop, Jr. for all the other subjects.

I'm planning to subscribe to the Magic School Bus monthly science kit delivery program.

I think that's enough for now, but probably around October I am going to add in a few more things for Connor, like a spelling program (Spelling You See) and a geography program (Legends & Leagues).

No comments: