Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Big Top Candy Shop

In the latest installment in our "What I Did Over Summer Vacation" series, I am pleased to inform you that the Big Top Candy Shop in Austin is a fabulous destination.  You should go.  You should take your kids, if you have any.

I swear, I got a sugar rush just from opening the front door.

IMG_1447

Look!  So much candy!

IMG_1448

Connor picked out chocolates from the candy case to purchase, and I bought a metric ton of taffy.  All the flavors of taffy.

IMG_1449

Legos that you can eat!  Candy you can build with!

IMG_1450

Some of the candy defied reason.  Click, zoom, and see what I mean.

IMG_1455

Not only is this floss crazy and bacon flavored, but I think it keeps this place from getting on the dentist's bad side.

IMG_1456

Here the boys are, waiting for their milkshakes.  Because not only is this a candy shop, but it's also an old-fashioned soda fountain, with hand-made old fashioned milkshakes.  They were huge and delicious.  I got a salted caramel milkshake.   The boys got Reese's Peanut Butter Cups milkshakes.  Because candy.

No comments: