Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Goliath Blizzard

Did you hear about the blizzard in Texas?  It was during the week between Christmas and New Years.  In fact, we cut our trip at the beach a day short so that we could drive across the entire state of Texas before the blizzard hit and we got stranded somewhere.

We made it home just in time.  Barely.  And of course, since we had been gone for vacation, our kitchen and fridge were bare when we got home.

The wind was blowing so hard that all of our patio furniture was scattered when we got home.  We rounded it all up and got it inside.  Our grill was up a tree.  It was a small tree, so it wasn't up very high, but still.

Anyways, because the wind was blowing so hard, there were places where there wasn't any snow at all.  And then there were the piles where the snow was blown.

I didn't take any good pictures until 6 days after the blizzard.  Mostly because I stayed inside as much as possible.

Here are the photos that I did take, 6 days post blizzard:

Winter 2016 activities

Winter 2016 activities


The boys were thrilled to be able to see over the fence, because that is normally very much out of their reach.

Winter 2016 activities

Winter 2016 activities


This, fortunately, is not our house.  Our side of the building didn't get any piles of snow at all.  Because wind.

Winter 2016 activities


Winter 2016 activities

Winter 2016 activities


I think the fence saved us from having our front door buried, because it looks like the piles were even higher on the other side.

Winter 2016 activities


Snow Puppy!

Winter 2016 activities


Connor = Football + Puppy

Winter 2016 activities


Lex and Daddy flying KD5.

Winter 2016 activities

So, while we were staying home and warm inside, I made myself a new hat and scarf.  Because that's what you do in a blizzard.

Winter 2016 activities

Kevin bought me this wool yarn as a gift, and I had the hardest time figuring out what I wanted to do with it.  I love the colors he picked.

Winter 2016 activities

I made an infinity scarf, and I love it.  It's very warm, and easy to put on.

Winter 2016 activities

No comments: