Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Game of Thrones

I am reading the series A Song of Fire and Ice almost as slowly as George R. R. Martin is writing them.  It's cool, George.  It's all good.

I'm not sure *exactly* how long I have been reading these books.  I know that my brother bought me the first one for Christmas one year, but that seems ages ago, and I would have a hard time nailing down *exactly* what year it was.  I also had a really hard time reading the book at first - there were so many characters and places and strange names.  Honestly, I had to watch all of the first season of the HBO show to get familiar enough with the story to be able to read it.

I love the HBO series, and I can't wait for the next season to start.

In other news, I just finished the third book.

So, I have read The Game of Thrones.  A Clash of Kings.  A Storm of Swords.

And I have already started reading the next one:  A Feast for Crows.  Here's hoping that I finish it.  But not too soon, since the last two books aren't written yet.  I wouldn't want to run out of books to read.

Hundreds of chapters.  Thousands of pages.  Millions of words.  Piles and piles of dead bodies.

No comments: