Monday, September 26, 2016

Gathering Books

This evening, I went out to gather books.

First, I went and bought Connor a new math textbook.

Untitled


Both Connor and Lex moved on to new math books today.  Lex finished Life of Fred: Dogs, and he will be starting Life of Fred: Edgewood tomorrow.  But we already have his books, since Connor used them first.  Connor finished Life of Fred: Jelly Beans, which is the last book in the Elementary Series.  Tomorrow he begins the first book in the Intermediate Series, Life of Fred:  Kidneys.

This is mostly just an aside.  What I really want to talk about is what happened when I went to the library.  Again.  I think I must be the only person in this town that actually uses the library, because the librarians keep making comments about how I get too many books.

So, tonight, I went into the library to pick up the books that I had requested online (which is a new service that they just started, because they are finally starting to act like a real library, in some small respects), and when the guy brought them out for me, both he and the other librarian were like, whoa, that's a ton of books.  And then he asked me if I was sure I wanted them all.  If maybe I wanted to look through the stack and pick out the ones I wanted before he checked them all out.

No.  I ordered them all because I wanted them all and I do intend to read them all.  They thought I was nuts.  Again.  This happens every single time I go to the library.  Everyone else in town must check out one book at a time.  I swear.

So, how many books do you think I got?

Untitled

Thirteen.  Thirteen books and everyone loses it.  Bless their hearts.

No comments: