Monday, December 12, 2016

Decorating for Christmas with Cats

We started decorating for Christmas around here.

Untitled

We are doing a minimalist thing with the tree.  Unless the kids decide that they want to put ornaments on it, which they haven't, yet.

Untitled

I also put some candles in the windows.

Untitled

Untitled

And I decorated a bush that's outside.

Untitled

I also lit up the porch swing.

Untitled

The night that I went outside to take these photos, Tik sneaked past me on my way back inside.  While he was outside, he made a friend.  This little gray kitten has followed him on his walks before, but this time, he followed Tik right back into the house.

Untitled

The dog brought home a cat, and was all, "Can I keep it?"

Untitled

The kitten seemed to really like Tik, until Tik decided that he wanted to play, and started jumping around and barking at it.  Then the kitten decided that it really didn't like the dog, after all.

Untitled

But it still liked us, so it climbed up on my lap and started mewing at me between hissing at the dog.

Untitled

I think it was trying to tell me to get rid of that dog.

Untitled

Whatever, cat.  The dog was here first.  He belongs here.  Also?  Cats are kind of assholes.  As soon as I put up a Christmas tree, that very same day, this cat decides to come along and try to knock it over.  No, just no.

Untitled

We can't keep the cat.  But, since we fed it, or more like it ate Tik's food while Tik watched, it'll probably be back.

No comments: