Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Artist at Bedtime

Last night, after a long day of playing Prodigy Math yesterday, I thought that it would be a good idea to sneak in one more activity before bedtime.  After I had prised the children from their computers, I set up a family drawing challenge.

Apparently I was a little reckless with the word challenge.  I mean, we are talking about little boys here.  Ones that take competitions and challenges very seriously.

It was after 8:00 PM when we started drawing.  Which is fine.  It's a good activity to settle them down a bit after computers and before bed.  And Connor finished his drawing really quickly.

Lex, on the other hand, took his time.

Around 9:45 PM, it was getting out of hand.

"Good pictures take a long time," he told me.

Artist at Bedtime

"If it's a competition, then I'm going to win.  That's why I am taking my time.  It takes a long time, but I want to win."

At this point, I had totally forgotten ever mentioning anything about any sort of competition or challenge at all, and just wanted him to finish so he could go to bed.  He reminded me that I had said "challenge."  I set a hard and fast limit of 10:00 on his artwork.

He finished at 9:58 PM.

Artist at Bedtime

Here is his prize winning Minecraft inspired artwork.  His prize?  Staying up until 10:00 PM last night.


No comments: